Back to my beautiful country PERU,
it is to be in the midst of so much natural delight. Which I miss it a lot when I return to Europe.
Today I want to share some information about "Custard Apple",
fruit today buy and the photos are real and delicious!
celia bailes @ amadriadi
Is a sweet fruit, which is widely grown across the world. The fruit is compound in nature, measuring 3¼ to 6½ inches (8-16 cm) in diameter. The shape of the fruit may be symmetrically heart-shaped, lopsided, or irregular. It may be nearly round or oblate, with a deep or shallow depression at the base. The skin or covering of custard apple is thin but tough, which is usually yellow or brownish when ripe. Beneath the thin covering, a thick, cream-white layer of custard like, granular, flesh is present, which surrounds seeds. The flavor of the fruit is sweet and agreeable. Besides, custard apple has many health and nutritional benefits. Given below is the nutrition value of the fruit.
Custard Apple is full of vitamin C anti oxidants, which helps to combat many diseases and also enhances the immune system. Custard apple is abundant with potassium, magnesium and contains vitamin A, calcium, copper, fiber and phosphorous. It has high calorific value, able to provide sustained energy and delicious in nature. The luscious fruit is eaten throughout the world.
Eating custard apple will help you to save from many diseases and disorders. The fruit is good for heart, skin, and bone, and maintains blood pressure. Custard apple is also helpful in curing of boils, ulcers and gum related problems. The leaves of this fruits work against cancer and bark can be used in case of toothache and gum pain.
However, the most important advantages of custard apple are healthy heart, beneficial in pregnancy, improve eye vision, cure arthritis, fighting fatigue, and protects against anemia.
BENEFITS OF CUSTARD APPLE
- Custard apple is a storehouse of Vitamin C, which is an anti-oxidant and helps in neutralizing free radicals.
- Vitamin A present in the fruit is good for hair, eyes and healthy skin.
-Custard apple contains magnesium, which plays vital role in relaxing muscles and protecting heart against diseases.
- Potassium and Vitamin B6 are also present in custard apple.
- Copper is yet another useful ingredient of custard apple.
- It is a rich source of dietary fiber, which helps in digestion.
- As it contains low fat levels, it is good for maintaining optimum health.
- The paste of the flesh of the fruit can be used for local application on ulcers, abscesses and boils.
- The fruit, in its unripe form, can be dried, crushed and used for treating diarrhea and dysentery.
- Custard apple serves as an expectorant, stimulant, coolant and haematinic and is even useful in treating anemia.
- The seeds of the fruit have insecticidal and abortifacient properties.